DRESS AND GROOMING (Elementary)
The district’s dress code is established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. Students and parents may determine a student’s personal dress and grooming standards, provided that they comply with the following:
Students will not wear the following within the school building or to off campus school-sponsored activities:
- Sun shades (sunglasses) unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Spikes, taps, plates, lights, sounds, or wheels on shoes are prohibited.
- Head coverings of any type unless medically approved.
- Clothing with conspicuously low necklines. Sleeveless garments must be close fitting at the neck, and arms with shoulders covered. No undergarments showing.No racerback shirts.
- Shorts or dresses must be no shorter than mid-thigh from front to back. Leggings may be worn as undergarments if the top fits the mid-thigh requirement. All pants and shorts are to be worn with the waistline no lower than the natural waist.
- Oversized clothing.
- Clothing or adornments that convey obscenity, advocacy of a gang, death,Satanism, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, ridicule of our nation, weapons, or suggestive or violent behavior.
- Intentional ragged, torn, or frayed pants may be worn as long as not skin above mid-thigh is visible.
- Makeup that is distracting.
- Clothing that exposes skin at the waist, stomach, or back with the arms raised above the shoulders.
- Clothing that is see through or exposes the undergarments.
- No exposed tattoos.
- Distractive (designer) contact lenses may not be worn.
- Distractive dental decorations, jewelry, or “grills” are not allowed.
- Pajamas, house shoes, & other forms of sleepwear are not allowed.
- Trench coats are prohibited.