Please notify Nurse Handley at 361-776-1683, ext. 2252 if your student has been diagnosed by a physician with the flu. Please provide the type of flu, if known.
Tips for Preventing the Spread of Flu
- The best protection for yourself and others is to get a flu vaccine. See your healthcare provider or one of the local pharmacies that provide the flu vaccine.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick or are beginning to display symptoms
- Stay home if you feel sick and see a doctor as soon as possible
- Fever of 100.0 must remain home and stay home for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with antibacterial soap to kill and avoid spreading germs
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as germs and bacteria can enter this way and cause illness.