Please notify Nurse Handley at 361-776-1683, ext. 2252 if your student has been diagnosed by a physician with the flu. Please provide the type of flu, if known.
Tips for Preventing the Spread of Flu
- The best protection for yourself and others is to get a flu vaccine. See your healthcare provider or one of the local pharmacies that provide the flu vaccine.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick or are beginning to display symptoms
- Stay home if you feel sick and see a doctor as soon as possible
- Fever of 100.0 must remain home and stay home for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently with antibacterial soap to kill and avoid spreading germs
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth as germs and bacteria can enter this way and cause illness.
For more information, check out Texas Flu Home from the Texas Department of State Health Services.