We want to thank everyone for attending Meet the Teacher this past Thursday. There was a huge turn out and we appreciate the patience for the long line checking out Chromebooks.
As everyone knows the first day of school is this coming Tuesday, August 17th. We want to provide some information for everyone to make the day goes as smooth as possible.
- Doors open for students at 7:30 a.m.
- Parents will be able to walk their child to class the first day only and will need their I.D. to get a badge from our Raptor system.
- Car tags for parents who pick their children up after school are now available in the office. Parents can come by the campus on Monday, August 16th, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to pick up the tags. We ask that you hang the tag on your rear view mirror so we can identify your car and get your child to you as quickly as possible.
- Pick-up time at the end of the school day will begin at 3:15 p.m.
- Entry is still the same as last year, with one driveway for car pick up and the other for buses only.
- Please pay attention to the one way traffic signs on Big Oak Lane and Avenue K.
- Please click on this link to see a map of drop-off and pick-up.
We ask that everyone be patient the first few days of school, the lines are going to be long because of the limited space we have. We look forward to seeing you on Monday, have a great weekend.
Kenneth O. Dykes
Principal, GJM Elementary